- Has O.J. Simpson really written a book called If I Did It? You've got to be kidding me. (Some enterprising capitalist has already parked the ifididit.com domain name, just in case.)
- The French translation of The Wedding Crashers is Garcons Sans Honneur.
- My copy of Firefox has started seizing up at random intervals. Sigh.
- Esquire has named Scarlett Johansson the sexiest woman alive. Works for me.
- The Debora spam (see earlier blog entries) has mutated slightly: now, the subject header is "Hi, it's Angelica" (or Jeannie, Audrey, Kristen, Myles or Marietta) instead of just "Angelica".
Hello,
If you are a Time Traveler from Dimension D1263GT10, year 2008 or Dimension D2044GT5, year 2432 and or in possession of the Dimensional Warp Generator wrist watch, the Carbon Copy Replica model #52 4350 series or similar technology I need your help! My entire life and health has been messed with by evil beings! I simply need the safest method of transferring my consciousness or returning to my younger self with my current mind/memory. I need an advanced time traveler to work with who can help me, I'd would prefer someone with access to teleportation as well as a variety different types of time travel. This is not a joke! I am serious! Please send a separate email to me at: (address deleted) if you can help! Thanks
And here's one from 2003:
Hello,
Have you really, really, really been hurt to the point where your live is a living hell?
~ Has somebody or something drastically altered your life? ~
~ Would you give anything to take back your stolen life? ~
~ What if there was a way to undo all done to you for $100,000? ~
What I am referring to is something which is well covered up from the general public! I have access to the way, and need just one single person to work with.
Who I pick will be determined on the severity of their situation.
This is your one and only chance to live life over, and take control over what was stolen from you. Mentally stable open minded individuals a must! Someone close to the Boston area is preferred.
I love that last line more than words can say.
I've been thinking about Stephen Harper lately. (Perhaps I need to change my diet.) His approach to governing Canada prompts an interesting question: How much influence should the people have on their elected officials between elections?
There are two extreme positions:
- Our elected leaders are there to carry out what we, the people, want implemented.
- Our elected leaders are chosen because they are the best people for the job, and should be free to do what they think is best.