Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Random disorganized thoughts

I have not much to offer in the way of coherence today. It's been a long day, and I still have traces of The Cold That Wouldn't Die - the gift that just keeps on giving and giving.

There were two separate door-to-door salespersons going around my building this evening. One wanted to offer me three free magazines as part of some promotional deal or other. When he asked me whether I read magazines, I saw a way out: I said no. (I actually don't, at least not much.) The second salesperson was offering an alternative electricity plan, or something. I'm not sure. He showed me a sample bill, and guaranteed my rates wouldn't go up. Or maybe not. I was pretty sure I didn't want whatever it was.

My worst fears, in no particular order: death, being trapped in an enclosed space, drowning, poisonous snakes, any height I am at risk of falling off of, wearing out my welcome. Especially this last. I would rather hide away from the human race than go where I am not wanted.

I guess I'm officially middle-aged now: my hair is starting to go more and more gray. I swear it's like time-lapse photography. If this keeps up, I'll have to get a new driver's licence, as I won't look like my picture any more.

According to the CBC, Stephen Harper was less than supportive of the Kyoto Agreement when he was the leader of the former Canadian Alliance. In 2002, he wrote a letter that included the following: "Kyoto is essentially a socialist scheme to suck money out of wealth-producing nations." Gosh!