I'm feeling cranky today, so it's time to write about things that annoy me.
First off: today, I was walking across Broadview Avenue at Danforth, in front of a car waiting to turn right. The car that was waiting for me was cool, but somebody about three cars back in line started honking. Um... what does that driver want to have happen? Does he want the car in front to run me over so that he can get to where he's going about thirty seconds faster? I hope I never wind up in the same lifeboat as that guy, as no doubt he'd try his best to toss me over the side.
Something else that has annoyed me a lot lately: people who walk right in front of the bottom of a moving escalator. Where, exactly, am I supposed to go?
I've been having to take the subway a lot during rush hour lately, and I have a message for everybody in Toronto: do not lean against the doors. Seriously. We're not going anywhere until you do. Argh.
If you're fabulously wealthy, and are looking for something to give to somebody you really care about, why not buy him or her a country? The Globe reports that Sealand, a 550-metre square platform about 12 kilometres east of England, is for sale for a mere $1.14 billion. The tiny floating country has its own coins and national anthem. Wikipedia states that the country, which isn't officially recognized by anybody at the moment, sponsors a slot car racing team and two players on the mini-golf tour.