Friday, January 19, 2007

Cleaning out my mental refrigerator

It's Day 2 of my cold, and I've left today's blog entry rather late. Don't expect miracles here, people.

Something I've added to the list of things that annoy me: people who stand at the banking machine and slowly count their money while they make everybody else stand in line and wait. I don't see the point: I've never known a banking machine to get the money wrong. That's Job 1 for banking machines, when you think of it. And even if it shortchanges you, there's nothing you can do about it. So move, already.

I found this on Metafilter: My Little Pony. I lasted 30 seconds into it before being forced to close the window - there's something about kids in commercials that really annoys me. They're not aware that they're being used as shills.

A shoutout for one of my favourite sites on the web ever: Mechapixel. Lots of cool people and entertaining pixel manipulation. It's basically my home away from home on the intarwebs.

The Globe is reporting that Canadian Tire is complaining that the warm December weather has cut into their corporate profits. A spokesman was quoted as saying, "We didn't get the cold weather or the snow in December, and as a result of that we didn't sell any shovels and tires, and windshield wipers and wiper blades and those kinds of things." I seem to be unable to summon any compassion. Perhaps I've just grown callous with the passing years.

Here is the greatest link in the history of the Internet: a complete collection of all the movies that have been re-enacted by bunnies. Yes!

Actually, this is the greatest link in the history of the Internet: zombo.com. You can do anything at zombo.com!

Or perhaps this is it: The End of the Internet.

Good night, everybody. I'm off to drink plenty of fluids and rest.