- The Newseum is a collection of American news-related artifacts. (This site includes a collection of front pages from today's newspapers.)
- I Don't Like You In That Way and The Superficial are handy sources for celebrity gossip.
- The Comics Curmudgeon is a guy who writes sarcastic things about current daily comic strips.
- Mr. Cranky does the same thing for current movies.
- Plan59 is a collection of retro graphics.
- Here's a page that allows you to tune your guitar.
- Funny Farm is a challenging puzzle. (I got partway into this, and gave up.)
- The Canadian Design Resource is a collection of - you guessed it - interesting things designed in Canada.
- Popurls provides links to the most popular pages on the Internet.
- Framing Canada is a collection of photographs from Library and Archives Canada.
- Peter Anspach's The Top 100 Things I'd Do If I Ever Became An Evil Overlord.
- Chewbacca's blog (sadly, not updated lately). A related link is the Uncyclopedia entry for AAAAAAAAA!
- A collection of crossword puzzles, and a collection of Sudoku puzzles.
- Old circus posters.
- A collection of photographs of abandoned buildings.
- Forgotten NY is a website devoted to old and abandoned things in New York City.
- Frank Jump's Fading Ad Campaign is a collection of old painted signs on walls.
- A George W. Bush speechwriter.
- A collection of the best quotes taken from chat rooms.
- The Tacky Postcard Archive.
Sunday, December 10, 2006
Miscellaneous links
I want to rest my brain today, so here's a few of my favourite web sites I've found over the past few months. (A lot of these are via Metafilter.)