Wednesday, March 07, 2007

4 to 6 weeks, or maybe not

Amazon.ca is confusing me. (Granted, that's not hard to do.)

A couple of months ago, I ordered three baseball books from them. One of these books wasn't scheduled to be published until this month. Because I'm trying to stay within budget (ha!), I selected the cheapest shipping option, which meant that I was willing to wait until all the books were ready and then have them shipped together.

Several weeks go by, as expected. Then, three things happened:
  • On February 28th, they decided to ship two of the three books in a separate shipment (not charging me extra). I guess they figured I'd been waiting long enough, and was about to go postal or something.
  • Earlier this week, they sent me a message saying that my third book had been delayed, and that I wasn't going to receive it for 4 to 6 weeks.
  • They sent me a message today saying that they had shipped the third book.
I'm happy to receive the book, but I'm thinking that maybe these guys need to send some memos to each other or something.