Wednesday, April 11, 2007

I miss Carb Boom

Last fall, when I was out of work, I got my exercise by going for a walk on the Don River path. From where I live, I can do a loop: up Broadview, down Pottery Road, down the path to the Riverdale bridge, and up Broadview to home. And I can even stop at the Loblaws on the way back. It works out perfectly for me - an hour-long workout, and lunch food afterwards.

At about the halfway point of my walk, the Don path passes under the Bloor-Danforth ramp to the Don Valley Parkway. At this spot, there used to be an empty beverage box lying on the path with the label "Carb Boom!" on it; I guess this is an energy drink or something.

Because the box was under a bridge, it remained, undamaged, for weeks. I used to look for it whenever I passed that spot, and was happy to see that it was still there.

Earlier this week, I went for a walk on the path again, for the first time since the snow receded. I looked for the box. It wasn't there.

I am old enough to know that nothing lasts forever. But I hate to keep being reminded of this.